Privacy Statement & Policy
In the process of conducting its business, 3D Networks collects certain information from our customers in order to help us provide a high level of customer service during business transactions.
Information can be collected verbally, electronically or in writing, when you purchase our services or products or when you contact us or attend our events. 3D Networks also periodically purchases databases from third-party organisations that have verified that you agree to receive marketing communications.
We only store details relevant to your business with us. We do not usually collect or store information that is deemed to be Sensitive Information by the Privacy Acts of the country/countries in question.
The information you provide upon registration for 3D Networks’ eNews newsletter will be used to keep you informed about products, services, events, news, and relevant information regarding 3D Networks and its associated partners and suppliers, and will not be sold or disclosed to any third party.
You will not be solicited for any type of business relationship unless you opt-in to be contacted by 3D Networks. By signing up for the 3D Networks eNews mailing list, you understand that 3D Networks will send you emails periodically, and that these electronic communications may contain messages or links to third party websites. If you choose to visit a third-party website, you do so of your own free will.
3D Networks does not govern information collected on third party websites, and we assume no responsibility for any misuse of your information by any third party. You have the opportunity to unsubscribe from the 3D Networks database at any time via a link on the eNews newsletter and on the Unsubscribe page on this site.
Other Privacy Considerations
We acquire the following information when you subscribe to 3D Networks eNews newsletter: email address, name, company address, job position, phone, fax and mobile phone numbers. We maintain and use this information for the purpose of issuing our eNews newsletter and we may use this information to invite customers to events that are organised and hosted by 3D Networks. Only specific, key employees are granted access to confidential customer information. We may occasionally survey our customers by asking how we can improve our service and products. You have the option to negate such survey contact by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Under no circumstances will we trade, rent, sell or share this information to a third party.
To prevent unauthorised access to sensitive data and maintain data accuracy, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Access to sensitive data is restricted to key personnel in our organisation. Additionally, passwords are changed routinely, and as a matter of policy, passwords are changed with personnel changes.
Data Protection Policy
We, 3D Networks Group and our subsidiaries, respect the privacy of all individuals with whom we have a contractual relationship. We are committed to protecting all Personal Data kept by us.
For this reason, 3D Networks Group and its subsidiaries (collectively, “3DN”) have adopted this Personal Data Protection Policy (“this Policy”) in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 of Malaysia and the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of Singapore and as a general policy of adhering to the data protection legislation of the territories in which we operate (collectively, “PDP Act”).
the free, informed and prior agreement given by the Data Subject for the processing of his/her Personal Data.
any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable person is someone who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or the person’s physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social characteristics. Personal data may relate to any natural persons, including employees, customers, clients, investors, suppliers, contractors or other individuals.
collecting, recording, holding or storing the Personal Data or carrying out any operation or set of operations on the Personal Data, including:-
- the organization, adaptation or alteration of Personal Data;
- the retrieval, consultation or use of Personal Data;
- the disclosure of personal data by transmission, transfer, dissemination or otherwise making available; or
- the alignment, combination, correction, erasure or destruction of personal data;
a natural person, a private individual about whom information is collected, stored or processed.
refers to the Ministry of Communications and Multimedia of Malaysia or the Controller of the Personal Data Protection Commission of Singapore.
Sensitive Personal Data
comprises information as to:-
- the physical or mental health or condition of Data Subject;
- the political opinions of Data Subject;
- the religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature of Data Subject;
- the commission or alleged commission of any offence by Data Subject; or
- any other Personal Data determined by the Minister.
a person or a company who is not a party to a contract or a transaction with 3DN, but excluding 3DN’s subsidiaries, contractors, sub-contractors, authorized agents, vendors and professional advisors.
This Policy applies to all operations and business units of 3DN. To the extent any operations or business unit of 3DN already has a data protection policy in place, this Policy shall supersede and replace any such policy.
Legal Services Department and the Human Resource Department are jointly responsible for the administration of this Policy and monitoring enterprise wide compliance.
3. EFFECTIVE DATE
This policy is effective as at the individual effective dates of the PDPA.
4. PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
4.1 General Principle:
4.1.1 3DN will only process Personal Data in the manner set out below:
- Processing of Personal Data will be for a lawful purpose directly related to the activity of 3DN;
- Processing of Personal Data must be necessary for or directly related to that purpose;
- The Personal Data is adequate but not excessive in relation to that purpose; and
- The Consent of the Data Subject must be obtained.
4.1.2 3DN is not responsible to obtain the Consent of the Data Subject where the Processing Personal Data is necessary: -
- for the performance of a contract to which the Data Subject is a party;
- at the request of the Data Subject with a view to entering into a contract with the Data Subject;
- for compliance with any legal obligation to which 3DN is subject, other than an obligation imposed by a contract;
- to protect the vital interests of the Data Subject;
- for the administration of justice; or
- for the exercise of any functions conferred on any person by or under any law.
4.1.3 3DN will only process Sensitive Personal Data:
- with the consent of the Data Subject;
- where Processing is necessary for any of the following purposes:
- for the performance of any right or obligation which is conferred or imposed by law on 3DN in connection with employment;
- in order to protect the vital interests of another person, in a case where consent by or on behalf of the data subject has been unreasonably withheld;
- for medical purposes;
- any legal proceedings;
- obtaining legal advice;
- establishing, exercising or defending legal rights;
- administration of justice;
- exercise of the functions conferred on any person by or under any written law;
- for any other purposes as the Minister thinks fit; or
- the information contained in the Personal Data has been made public as a result of steps deliberately taken by the Data Subject.
4.1.4 The Data Subject may withdraw his/her consent at any time and may attach any condition or limitation he/she believes to be appropriate.
4.1.5 It is 3DN’s policy that Personal Data must be processed fairly and lawfully. 3DN is responsible for collecting Personal Data only for specific, lawful, explicit and legitimate purposes, and for further processing of Personal Data consistent with those purposes.
4.1.6 It is 3DN’s policy that Personal Data is adequate, relevant and not excessive to the purpose for which they are collected or further processed. 3DN is responsible for making every reasonable effort to maintain such data accurately, provide reasonable means to correct, delete, or rectify any inaccurate data, and store such data for periods no longer than is necessary.
4.2 Notice and Choice Principle:
4.2.1 3DN will inform the Data Subject of the following by a written notice as soon as practical:
- that the Personal Data is being processed;
- a description of the Personal Data;
- the purpose of the collection of the Personal Data;
- the source of the Personal Data;
- the right of the Data Subject to request access and correction of the Personal Data;
- classes of third parties to whom the Personal Data is / may be disclosed;
- the choice and means of limiting the processing of Personal Data;
- whether the supply of the Personal Data is obligatory or voluntary; and
- the consequences of the Data Subject’s failure to supply the Personal Data.
4.3 Disclosure Principle:
4.3.1 3DN will only disclose Personal Data:
- to comply with any government agency notification requirements; and/or
- for the purpose for which the Personal Data is processed.
4.3.2 3DN will not disclose the Personal Data for other purpose and to third parties unless with the Consent of the Data Subject.
4.4 Security Principle:
4.4.1 3DN is responsible for taking prudent steps to safeguard the confidentiality and security of all Personal Data, including appropriate procedural, organizational and technical steps to protect personal data from accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration or disclosure. These steps include entering into written agreements with subcontractors who process Personal Data in accordance with 3DN’s instructions and incorporating 3DN’s own data protection standards as a minimum.
4.4.2 3DN has reasonable security policies and procedures in place to protect personal information from unauthorized loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Despite 3DN’s best efforts, however, security cannot be absolutely guaranteed against all threats. To the best of 3DN’s ability, access to Data Subject’s Personal Data is limited to those who have a need to know. Those individuals who have access to the Personal Data are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
4.5 Retention Principle:
4.5.1 3DN shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that:
- Personal Data are retained only for so long as the information is necessary to comply with a Data Subject’s request or until that Data Subject request that the information be deleted according to 3DN’s internal procedures; and
- the Personal Data is destroyed or permanently deleted, where possible, after the purpose is served.
4.6 Data Integrity Principle:
3DN will ensure that the Personal Data is accurate, complete, not misleading and kept up-to-date, having regard to the purpose the data was collected and further processed.
4.7 Access Principle:
4.7.1 3DN recognizes the right of Data Subjects to obtain without constraint at reasonable intervals and without excessive delay or expense:
- confirmation concerning whether 3DN, any representative or agent is holding or processing Personal Data relating to him or her;
- information on the purpose(s) of the processing, the categories of data concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipients;
- information in an intelligible form concerning the data relating to him or her being processed and the source of such data; and
- information, as appropriate, concerning the logic underlying the data processing.
4.7.2 Further, 3DN recognizes the Data Subject’s right to require, as appropriate, the correction, erasure or blocking of data whenever the processing of such data does not comply with applicable laws and regulations. 3DN will alert, to the extent practicable, third parties to whom the Personal Data has been disclosed of any such correction, erasure or blocking.
4.7.3 A Data subject will be entitled to access his/her Personal Data that is being used by 3DN by making a request in writing which will be complied within 21 days from date of receipt of such request.
5. DATA COLLECTION, TRANSFER & PROCESSING
5.1. 3DN is responsible for collecting, processing and transferring Personal Data in compliance with the PDP Act. Only in very limited and rare circumstances, will 3DN disclose Personal Data to healthcare professionals, e.g. where the data subject’s health and well-being would otherwise be adversely affected and the Data Subject is unable to give formal consent.
5.2. It is 3DN’s policy that except as allowed or required by the PDP Act, Personal Data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union memberships, health or sex life or alleged commission of any offense not be processed and the collection and storage of such Sensitive Personal Data be particularly safeguarded. The Processing of the Sensitive Personal Data by 3DN will be in the manner set out in Clause 4.1.3 of this Policy.
5.3. For Personal Data obtained directly from the Data Subject, 3DN is responsible for informing the Data Subject of the identity of those controlling the Personal Data, the purpose for which the Personal Data is being collected and processed and any further information the Data Subject may need for fair processing. This same standard applies to Personal Data not obtained directly from the Data Subject, except as allowed by law for statistical purposes.
5.4 3DN is responsible for informing the Data Subject prior to any initial transfer or Processing of Personal Data for direct marketing purposes and, upon request, for blocking such action.
5.5 It is 3DN’s policy not to transfer Personal Data to any entity, individual, or organization, particularly entities within third countries without adequate data protections, which does not meet the standards established by this policy without ensuring that:
5.5.1 the Data Subject has given his/her unambiguous consent;
5.5.2 the transfers are needed for the performance of a contract between the Data Subject and the third party or to implement a pre-contractual commitment made at the request of the Data Subject;
5.5.3 the transfers are needed for the conclusion or performance of a contract concluded in the interest of the Data Subject with a third party;
5.5.4 the transfers are needed to protect the vital interests of the Data Subject; or
5.5.5 the transfers are made from a register established pursuant to laws and regulations as being open for consultation by members of the general public or by any person who can demonstrate a legitimate interest.
6.2 3DN may use so called web beacons (or “pixel tags”) in connection with some websites. However, 3DN do not use them to identify individual users personally. Web beacons are typically graphic images that are placed on a website and they are used to count visitors to a website and/or to access certain cookies. This information is used to improve 3DN’s services. Web beacons do not typically collect any other information than what Data Subject browser provides 3DN with as a standard part of any internet communication. If Data Subject turn off cookies, the web beacon will no longer be able to track Data Subject specific activity. The web beacon may, however, continue to collect information of visits from Data Subject’s IP-address, but such information will no longer be unique.
*3DN reserves the right to change any portion of this Personal Data Protection Policy. 3DN will announce such changes accordingly on this website.
*3DN is committed to protecting the Personal Data of any Data Subject. If you have questions or comments about 3DN’s administration of Personal Data, please contact us via the Data Protection Officer’s contact listed below. You may also use the following address to communicate any concerns you may have regarding compliance with this Policy.